Thread Subject: Web and Software: Web Like WCAG 2 0 - TEITAC
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Sailesh Panchang
Date: Tue, Mar 06 2007 9:15 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Some comments follow:
1. Programmatically determinable (at end of proposed para (d) is defined as:
can be determined by software from data provided such that various user
agents including assistive tecnologies can extract and present this
information to users in different modalities.
Comment: I have deleted the words "in a user-agent-supported manner " in the
above without any loss to the concept I believe. Is it ok?
2. 1194.22 (f) The purpose of each link can be determined from the link text
and its programmatically determined link context.
Comment: Can be determined "by the user" is implied? Is this intended?
Or should it be:
1194.22 (f) The purpose of each link is conveyed through the linked text and
the context for the link which is programmatically determinable .
3. 1194.22 (g)
Is para (g) akin to WCAG 1.3? But examples following para (g) relating to
table mark-up seem to only emphasize need for structural markup.
Consider additional examples that cover:
- Need for heading markup (h1...h6)
- desist from setting background-color through CSS and text color
through HTML or vice versa.
- provide access to style sheet generated content (content-after,
The last two are justified in the absence of reference to "baseline" and
"readable without style sheets" requirement.
4. Comment: In para (l), the words "identified with functional text that
can be read by assistive technology" I believe is a source of ambiguity at
present. Which At, which version, etc?
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
Reston VA 20191
Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
E-mail: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None