Thread Subject: Re: FW: Must a Network Card conform to Sec 508?
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Debbie Cook
Date: Wed, Mar 07 2007 11:15 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: FW: Must a Network Card conform to Sec 508?"
- Previous message in thread: Baquis David : "FW: Must a Network Card conform to Sec 508?"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I've never thought about breaking thi down to each component part. If the
card or chip reside in an E&IT and if the funciton of that card or chip
cause the E&IT to not meet the standard, then the E&IT doesn't comply rather
than trying to iolate a network card, chip etc. This would be especially
true in our current thinking where context become important (PC used for
voting system verses desktop.) Seems like you could only comply in relation
to the output of chips, cards or other component parts.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Baquis David " < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
To: < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 8:48 AM
Subject: [teitac-general] FW: Must a Network Card conform to Sec 508?
On the chance that some TEITAC members are not fully in touch with the
real-life needs of feds and the problems they are having with 508, here
is an example below from the front line.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: FW: Must a Network Card conform to Sec 508?"
- Previous message in Thread: Baquis David : "FW: Must a Network Card conform to Sec 508?"