Thread Subject: Acquiring Authoring Tools
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: William Loughborough
Date: Thu, Mar 08 2007 10:15 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Authoring Tools"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
How about an RFP (Request For Proposals) sent to software
"Large Government Entity seeks software tools for creating Web materials
that meet the requirements of Section 508. Must furnish comparable
capabilities for PWD (Persons With Disabilities) as for others. Etc."
Always keep in mind that a typewriter + scanner + eBook about Web
material production would qualify and that which goes beyond such
absurdities will get special consideration as their claimed capabilities
The onus for "feature values" claims is on the manufacturer rather than
on some standards set. The reason there have been improvements in
browsers, CSS editors, evaluation tools is that the innovative vendors
have rushed to fill a gap formed by the requirements for their output,
not rules on their "innards".
- Next message in Thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Authoring Tools"
- Previous message in Thread: None