Thread Subject: Draft Report
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Debbie Cook
Date: Fri, Mar 09 2007 3:00 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Attached please find the draft of our report to the TEITAC due on March 12.
I don't think it's going to be very controversial at this stage. We have
more work to do as noted throughout. I will submit at COB on Monday and will
accept comments for inclusion until then. Here is a summary of consensus
points and issues:
* Individuals with disabilities need access to all product functions and all
information/interaction with the product.
* This access may be achieved through compatibility with and support for
* The product must incorporate features which provide access to all
functions and information if: design constraints or policy prohibit use of
AT; or, if there is no AT available to achieve any aspect of access.
* Convergence among product functions results in ambiguity regarding a
specific line of close products. More accurate to say that "closed" is a
product characteristic when the product is not or cannot be compatible with
AT, or hwere AT is not available.
* This committee supports a standards structure wich incorporates solutions
for "closed" characteristics within the standards related to software/web,
hardware and telecomm.
* This leaves a focus on refinement of the Functional standards to ensure
that they can be adequately interpreted in order to fill gaps in the
Technical provisions resulting when AT must be incorporated into the
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None