Thread Subject: Group A: 21(g) Do not override user display settings such as color and contrast
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Thu, Oct 19 2006 9:50 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Barrett, Don: "Re: Group A: 21(g) Do not override userdisplay settings such as color and contrast"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Current 508 wording:
21(g) Applications shall not override user selected contrast and color
selections and other individual display attributes
Jonathon comments on the wiki that the use of the phrase "other display
attributes" is vague and wonders if this applies to font size, fonts,
screen resolution, etc?
In my reading of the ISO standard, I do not see a normative provision that
correlates to this Section 508 requirement. I wonder if the ISO working
group interprets this requirement as being covered by the one about not
interfering with accessibility features.
- Next message in Thread: Barrett, Don: "Re: Group A: 21(g) Do not override userdisplay settings such as color and contrast"
- Previous message in Thread: None