Thread Subject: teitac-video Captioning Definition
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jasionowski, Tony
Date: Thu, Mar 15 2007 8:25 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Deborah Buck: "Re: teitac-video Captioning Definition"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
As we discussed yesterday, since "captioning" significantly impacts our
AV subcommittee I pulled this "Captioning" definition from the Subpart A
subcommittee for our review and comments rather than draft our own
Captions are synchronized text display(s) of information that is
presented on the screen in an audio format. Captions appear as written
representation of onscreen audio narration or spoken dialogue, Captions
are similar to subtitles, but also convey non-dialogue auditory
information that is important to the video, such as on- and off-screen
sound effects, music, and laughter that are synchronized with the images
on the screen."
- Next message in Thread: Deborah Buck: "Re: teitac-video Captioning Definition"
- Previous message in Thread: None