Thread Subject: Re: Subpart A- Draft - CAPTIONS description
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andrew Kirkpatrick
Date: Thu, Mar 15 2007 8:30 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jagbell: "Re: Subpart A- Draft - CAPTIONS description"
- Previous message in thread: Deborah Buck: "Re: Subpart A- Draft - CAPTIONS description"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
To pile on here, how do we define "the screen"? On a television this is
easy but on the web or in an application, the captions may not cover the
video at all.
I see the definition of captions requiring mention of synchronization
and spoken and non-spoken information as key components, not the
location. There should be best practices for this, but not in the
- Next message in Thread: Jagbell: "Re: Subpart A- Draft - CAPTIONS description"
- Previous message in Thread: Deborah Buck: "Re: Subpart A- Draft - CAPTIONS description"