Thread Subject: Personal use
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Baker, Robert C.
Date: Mon, Mar 19 2007 7:10 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: tom brett: "Re: Personal use items"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
That also assumes that people don't share in an office.
> The exemption would not apply if the devise is not for personal use -
i.e. a shared office.
> The assumption is that a non-disabled individual will not become
Then presumably a reasonable accommodation would kick in an the agency
would be required to provide an accessible alternative based on the
individual's disability. If this exemption is to be valid - then from a
practical perspective the dollar threshold would be very low.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: tom brett: "Re: Personal use items"