Thread Subject: Re: Subpart A- Draft Document- Review andComments Requested
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Weinstein, Michael
Date: Tue, Mar 20 2007 10:35 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Diane Golden: "Re: Subpart A- Draft Document- ReviewandCommentsRequested"
- Previous message in thread: email@example.com: "Re: Subpart A- Draft Document- Review and Comments Requested"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
If it is decided that Section 508 requirements should be included as part of a procurement official's "best value" determination then clarification would be appropriate.
As it is currently written, to require an agency to purchase the product that "best meets" the standards suggests that Section 508 requirements are more important than the other factors that make up a typical "best value" determination.
Section 508 is of critical importance to people with disabilities such as myself, and the regulations should be written in a way that would encourage vendors to shoot for the ceiling and not the floor when developing accessible products. Ensuring that Section 508 is implemented as part of an overall "best value" determination could accomplish this objective.
Michael Weinstein, Esq.
Systems Research and Applications Corporation
3434 Washington Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
This electronic message transmission contains information from SRA International, Inc. which may be confidential, privileged or proprietary. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone at 866-584-2143 immediately.
- Next message in Thread: Diane Golden: "Re: Subpart A- Draft Document- ReviewandCommentsRequested"
- Previous message in Thread: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Re: Subpart A- Draft Document- Review and Comments Requested"