Thread Subject: Re: Summary of proposed new Web andSoftwareprovisions
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD)
Date: Mon, Mar 26 2007 12:55 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Summary of proposed new Web andSoftwareprovisions"
- Previous message in thread: Rex Lint: "Re: Summary of proposed new Web andSoftwareprovisions"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I think the following change is a bad idea.
A text-only page, with equivalent information or functionality, shall be
provided to make a web site comply with the provisions of this part,
when compliance cannot be accomplished in any other way. The content of
the text-only page shall be updated whenever the primary page changes.
Remove this requirement.
This provision is used often to deal with what are mostly legal and
historical documents that need to be printable in their original format.
A text-only page is essentially the low cost, low skill level, reliable
solution for creating access. Without it, a lot more money will need to
be spent to create assess, as all the more accessible applications are
either much more costly or more labor intensive or both.
- Next message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Summary of proposed new Web andSoftwareprovisions"
- Previous message in Thread: Rex Lint: "Re: Summary of proposed new Web andSoftwareprovisions"