Thread Subject: another proposed change to 1194.23(k)(2)
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Wed, Mar 28 2007 6:30 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
The force requirement in this provision is 5 pounds maximum, which I believe
directly from ADAAG. The problem is, the force requirement for a door or
hardware is not realistic for ICT, where fingers usually do the work. As a
point of reference,
most keys and buttons require only a few ounces of pressure.
I propose we reduce the force requirement to 1 pound (4.4 N). This is the
figure in use in
guidelines internal to a number of companies.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None