Thread Subject: Re: web/software and general interface/subpartA
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: David Poehlman
Date: Wed, Mar 28 2007 11:30 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: web/software and general interface/subpartA"
- Previous message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "web/software and general interface/subpart A"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
looks like a lot of flipping back and forth to me.
On Mar 28, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Hoffman, Allen wrote:
interesting idea brought up today about using the specific language and
selection rules to define applicability of provisions to specific
technologies or characteristics of technologies.
The rules for determining applicability *must* be documentable for this
idea to work, and therefore could be documented into the standard in
subpart A applicability:
provisions from subpart B shall be applicable when terms from a
characteristic from (reference) are included in the provision language.
It is intended that such a match indicates that the specific provision
is applicable to such technologies which include such characteristics.
Self encoded applicability! Great.
Seems like it would make any legal discussion an short one.
- Next message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: web/software and general interface/subpartA"
- Previous message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "web/software and general interface/subpart A"