Thread Subject: Re: Summary of proposed new Weband Softwareprovisions
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Tue, Apr 03 2007 3:30 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Summary of proposed new Weband Softwareprovisions"
- Previous message in thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Re: Summary of proposed new Weband Softwareprovisions"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Looks like we have two opposing views on 22 (k).
A text-only page, with equivalent information or functionality, shall be
provided to make a web site comply with the provisions of this part,
when compliance cannot be accomplished in any other way. The content of
the text-only page shall be updated whenever the primary page changes.
Barbara thinks it is important and SHOULD NOT be removed. David thinks it
doesn't help accessibility and SHOULD be removed.
When we discussed this provision, we determined that it was not necessary
because of the over arching principle of equivalent facilitation.
Alternative versions are already allowed by the equivalent facilitation
principle whether this provision is in the Web section or not. It is also
too restrictive in requiring a "text-only" page. The alternative version
doesn't have to be "text only". It just has to conform.
- Next message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Summary of proposed new Weband Softwareprovisions"
- Previous message in Thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Re: Summary of proposed new Weband Softwareprovisions"