Thread Subject: Re: "new provisions"
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: William Loughborough
Date: Mon, Apr 09 2007 4:20 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Tom Brett: "Re: "new provisions""
- Previous message in thread: Tom Brett: "Re: "new provisions""
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Tom Brett wrote:
> Actually the concept is pretty well explained in the actual law
That's what I'm talking about, just hadn't sought it out properly, thank
Given that, we can be much more demanding: the intent is to provide
equal usability, not just some vague idea of what's minimally
accessible. And there are cases where we do that. But we also gloss over
situations where we seem to be looking for copouts (workarounds) without
fully assessing how tedious it is to have a single switch input or read
through a straw.