Thread Subject: Re: Authoring Tools
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Tue, Apr 17 2007 12:50 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: Authoring Tools"
- Previous message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Authoring Tools"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Some thoughts from Katie on authoring tool features from ATAG  that
would facilitate the creation of accessible content:
1. User prompts for accessible alternatives
2. User prompts for accessible document/content types (on save?)]
3. Providing a myraid of accessible-only CSS (XSLT, or whatever)
pre-authored (pre-loaded) stylesheets for authors to be prompted to choose
4. Providing a myraid of accessible-only tables, frames, skip navs, etc.
for authors to be prompted to choose from (when choosing to include those
items) in their content.
We should consider these in our discussion around authoring tools.,
 W3C WAI Authoring Tools Accessibility Guidelines