Thread Subject: Re: Suggestion for re-wording of Item #4 ofthe Content proposal
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Loretta Guarino Reid
Date: Wed, Apr 18 2007 11:45 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Peter Korn: "Suggestion for re-wording of Item #4 of theContent proposal"
- Previous message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Suggestion for re-wording of Item #4 of the Content proposal"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Does this mean it wouldn't matter if form fields are also in the logical
linear reading order? Or are they considered text or graphics?
On 4/18/07, Peter Korn < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
> I took the action from last week to propose updated language for
> provision #4 of the Content proposal (at
> http://teitac.org/wiki/Web_and_Software:_Content_Format_Proposal). I
> propose that we simplify this provision to:
> "When a content format contains text and/or multiple graphics, an
> encoding mechanism shall be provided to indicate the logical linear
> reading order of that text and/or graphics."
> Peter Korn
> Accessibility Architect,
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Next message in Thread: Peter Korn: "Suggestion for re-wording of Item #4 of theContent proposal"
- Previous message in Thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Suggestion for re-wording of Item #4 of the Content proposal"