Thread Subject: Re: Suggestion for re-wording of Item #4 ofthe Content proposal
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Sailesh Panchang
Date: Wed, Apr 18 2007 1:55 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Peter Korn: "Re: Suggestion for re-wording of Item #4 of the Content proposal"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
>Does this mean it wouldn't matter if form fields are also in the logical
>linear reading order? Or are they considered text or graphics?
Except for form related instructions I have seldom seen other text or
graphics placed between the start and end of a form.
But I have often seen especially in PDF files, graphics or data tables
placed between the start and end of a paragraph. Often this happens in
columnar presentations. This would require the alt for the graphic or the
content of the data table to be read before or after the paragraph of text.
The tagging for the PDF doc would then need to tackle this through the
So I guess I like Peter's proposed wording now:
>"A content format shall provide an encoding mechanism to indicate a
>logical linear reading order of all content contained within it."
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
Reston VA 20191
Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
E-mail: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Peter Korn: "Re: Suggestion for re-wording of Item #4 of the Content proposal"