Thread Subject: Re: Subpart A Definitions-Comparable Access-ActionNeeded
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Hoffman, Allen
Date: Mon, Apr 30 2007 11:10 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: jagbell: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-Comparable Access-Action Needed"
- Previous message in thread: Deborah Buck: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-ComparableAccess-ActionNeeded"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I suggest some alternatives.
comparable access must be timely, accurate, and contextually coherent
with the presentation medium. Timely access is met when people with
disabilities do not suffer an undue burden when using the information or
data to achieve a goal as people without disabilities. Accurate access
it met when the information and data are consistently interpretable by
people with disabilities with a similar accuracy level to that of people
with out disabilities. Contextual access is met when information and
data are contextually coherent with the presentation medium--which
includes all the functionalities of the medium used for people without
Comparable Access: Three features are critical in determining if
comparable access to and use of information and data is provided.
1) Comparable access to information must be timely. In the case
of information technology accessibility that would include the speed
with which a person with a disability can access the information as
compared to an individual without a disability.
2) Comparable access must provide accurate information
especially when the information has been translated or converted into
another form or media.
3) Comparable access must provide information and data in a
manner and medium appropriate to the significance of the message. In
the case of information technology, more critical interaction elements
or data content might require a higher level of or different type of
Allen Hoffman -- 202-447-0303
- Next message in Thread: jagbell: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-Comparable Access-Action Needed"
- Previous message in Thread: Deborah Buck: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-ComparableAccess-ActionNeeded"