Thread Subject: Re: Subpart A Definitions-FundamentalAlterations-Action Needed
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD)
Date: Tue, May 01 2007 7:05 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Tom Brett: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-FundamentalAlterations-Action Needed"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
___ I can accept this definition.
_X_ I can accept this definition with changes. I'm recommending that the group consider the following changes:
Fundamental Alteration: A change in the basic purpose, critical function, or characteristics of a product or service governmental activity or function.
I would prefer this language because it is more consistent with how fundamental alteration is used and interpreted in the rest of the ADA and the Rehab Act. This is meant to be a very narrow exception and related to the functioning of the government activity, not a particular pieces of technology.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Tom Brett: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-FundamentalAlterations-Action Needed"