Thread Subject: Re: Subpart A Definitions-Captioning- ActionNeeded
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Karen Peltz Strauss
Date: Wed, May 02 2007 4:50 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Schomburg, Paul: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-Captioning- ActionNeeded"
- Previous message in thread: jagbell: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-Captioning-Action Needed"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I support Geoff's changes.
Karen Peltz Strauss
----- Original Message -----
From: "geoff freed" < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
To: "'TEITAC Subpart A Subcommittee'" < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [teitac-subparta] Subpart A Definitions-Captioning-
> >RECOMMENDED LANGUAGE:
> >Captioning: Captions are synchronized text equivalents for audio
> >information. Captions are similar to subtitles in that they convey the
> >content of spoken dialogue, but also include text for non-spoken
> >such as important sound effects, music, laughter, and speaker
> >and location. Captions should not obscure or obstruct relevant or key
> >information. In some countries captions are called subtitles.
> __XX_ I'm recommending that the group consider the following changes:
> Captioning: Captions are synchronized text equivalents of audio
> information. They are in the same language of the audio and convey not
> only speech content, but also non-speech information such as sound
> effects, music, laughter, and speaker identification and location.
> Captions should not obstruct relevant visual information. In some
> countries captions are called subtitles.
> Note that I took out the reference to foreign-language subtitles. While
> it's easy to draw similarities between captions and subtitles, they
> really are different things.
- Next message in Thread: Schomburg, Paul: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-Captioning- ActionNeeded"
- Previous message in Thread: jagbell: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-Captioning-Action Needed"