Thread Subject: Re: Subpart A Definitions-TTY-Action Needed
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Hoffman, Allen
Date: Wed, May 02 2007 6:20 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Schomburg, Paul: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-TTY-Action Needed"
- Previous message in thread: Jessica M. Brodey: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-TTY-Action Needed"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I disagree that TTY(s)have expanded. TTY acronym is still restricted to
text communications using in some part the specific transport
mechanism/protocol Gregg mentions. Texting on cell phones is *not* TTY,
but an alternate method to conduct text communication in real time. TTY
should be defined to the scope it fits, and also define "real-time text
communication", which in reality is what the requirement is--accept we
are still requiring the backward compatibility with the older PSTN TTY
Allen Hoffman -- 202-447-0303
- Next message in Thread: Schomburg, Paul: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-TTY-Action Needed"
- Previous message in Thread: Jessica M. Brodey: "Re: Subpart A Definitions-TTY-Action Needed"