Thread Subject: Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:Distinguish OSfromsoftware apps
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Li, Alex
Date: Mon, Oct 23 2006 9:25 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Michael R. Burks: "Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:DistinguishOSfromsoftware apps"
- Previous message in thread: RAJIV SHAH: "Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:Distinguish OS fromsoftware apps"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
It is clear that web applications are getting more prevalent. But that
does not necessarily mean we have to merge 1194.21 and 1194.22. Note
that the WCAG 2.0 draft accommodates both web applications and "simple
websites". It would make sense, for the interest of efficiency and
harmonization, to update 1194.22 to handle both web applications and
websites. It is obvious that there will be a lot of parallel between
1194.21 and 1194.22 after we are done. All I'm trying to say
is--attempting such consolidation would be a lot of work and create
Manager, Accessibility Standards and Policies
SAP Labs, Inc.
3410 Hillview Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94304
T (650) 687-4770
F (610) 492-2961
M (202) 492-4592
mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
THE BEST-RUN BUSINESSES RUN SAP
This e-mail is confidential and may contain privileged information. If
you are not the addressee it may be unlawful for you to read, copy,
distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail. If
you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately.
- Next message in Thread: Michael R. Burks: "Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:DistinguishOSfromsoftware apps"
- Previous message in Thread: RAJIV SHAH: "Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:Distinguish OS fromsoftware apps"