Thread Subject: Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:DistinguishOSfromsoftware apps
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jessica M. Brodey
Date: Mon, Oct 23 2006 9:40 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Li, Alex: "Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:Distinguish OSfromsoftware apps"
- Previous message in thread: Michael R. Burks: "Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:DistinguishOSfromsoftware apps"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
<ALEX LI SAID> "It is clear that web applications are getting more
prevalent. But that does not necessarily mean we have to merge 1194.21 and
1194.22. Note that the WCAG 2.0 draft accommodates both web applications
and "simple websites". It would make sense, for the interest of efficiency
and harmonization, to update 1194.22 to handle both web applications and
websites. It is obvious that there will be a lot of parallel between
1194.21 and 1194.22 after we are done. All I'm trying to say is--attempting
such consolidation would be a lot of work and create harmonization problem."
This approach seems to make sense - we just have to be careful that in
accommodating web applications and simple websites in 1194.22 that we do not
cause a conflict in standards for those that would fall under both 1194.21
and 1194.22 by having inconsistent/differing standards. It is not usually a
problem to duplicate standards in both places, but if one segment has
requirements that the other does not, for those technologies that could
arguable fall under one or the other, there becomes a fight to fit under the
classification that allows them to do the least amount to satisfy the
accessibility requirements. This is something we should obviously try and
- Next message in Thread: Li, Alex: "Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:Distinguish OSfromsoftware apps"
- Previous message in Thread: Michael R. Burks: "Re: 1194.22(b) in Group A:DistinguishOSfromsoftware apps"