Thread Subject: more "content"
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: William Loughborough
Date: Thu, May 10 2007 1:30 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "Re: more "content""
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I forgot the expansion of the notion in the previous definition:
On 5/10/07, Sean B. Palmer < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
> "Any sequence of bytes with associated metadata that causes it to
> be interpreted, by specification, as being fit to render for the
> purpose of conveying information."
That's actually quite good (i'faith, quite good!) because it shows
that the responsibility for making content accessible lies with many
people: the creator of the content, the creator of the format that the
content is serialised in, the creator of the renderer...
The latter virtue of the definition also spreads the responsibility.
- Next message in Thread: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "Re: more "content""
- Previous message in Thread: None