Thread Subject: Re: Keyboard operability proposal
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Mon, May 14 2007 8:35 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Keyboard operability proposal"
- Previous message in thread: Mike Paciello: "Re: Keyboard operability proposal"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
So I think where we've ended up so far on this is the following provision
for both Web and Software:
All functionality of the user interface is operable through a keyboard
interface without requiring specific timings for individual keystrokes,
except where the underlying function requires input that depends on the
path of the user's movement and not just the endpoints.
* Note: This does not forbid and should not discourage providing mouse
input or other input methods in addition to keyboard operation.
Are there any objections to this wording?
- Next message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Keyboard operability proposal"
- Previous message in Thread: Mike Paciello: "Re: Keyboard operability proposal"