Thread Subject: Re: one more item for consideration inself-contained/closed
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Tom Brett
Date: Wed, May 23 2007 1:12 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: one more item for considerationinself-contained/closed"
- Previous message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "one more item for consideration in self-contained/closed"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Well you could say that but couldn't a government agency claim that
fingerprint readers would fall under the national security exception?
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
[mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Hoffman, Allen
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:57 PM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [teitac-closed] one more item for consideration
This may be for hardware, if so feel free to slap me there.
Biometric input "surfaces" must be tactually discernible, but they are not
controls, so may need to be called out specifically. For example, a
fingerprint reader must at least allow someone who is blind to feel where to
put their finger.
DHS : CRCL & OCIO;
DHS Office On Accessible Systems and Technology
v: 202-447-0303; c: 202-213-1835; tty: 202-401-0725
email: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = or = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and
state law governing electronic communications and may contain sensitive and
legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and
delete this message.
- Next message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: one more item for considerationinself-contained/closed"
- Previous message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "one more item for consideration in self-contained/closed"