Thread Subject: Operable Controls Definition
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
Date: Wed, May 30 2007 2:40 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Operable Controls Definition"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
The Subpart A subcommittee has asked us to comment on any potential
changes to the Operable Controls definition. The definition is as
Operable controls - A component of a product that requires physical
contact for normal operation. Operable controls include, but are not
limited to, mechanically operated controls, input and output trays, card
slots, keyboards, or keypads.
Please provide comment or feedback on this definition so that we can
close with the Subpart A team.
Randy and Rob
Rob Nerhood | Experience Design Group | Ergonomics Engineer
Dell, Inc. | One Dell Way | Round Rock, Texas 78682 - 7000
This communication and all attachments are confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please
do not read or disclose any content to others, (ii) please notify the
sender by reply mail immediately, and (iii) please permanently delete
this communication from your system. Failure to follow this process may
be unlawful and subject to prosecution. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Operable Controls Definition"
- Previous message in Thread: None