Thread Subject: Adding simultaneous TO 1194.23 (K)(2)
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Thu, May 31 2007 8:50 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Robert_Nerhood@Dell.com: "Re: Adding simultaneous TO 1194.23 (K)(2)"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Suggest we add "simultaneous actions" to old provision S 1194.23 (k)(2)
Simultaneous is mentioned in performance criterion, but not here. One hand
does not preclude simultaneous. Suggest simultaneous be added here with the
rest so that it reads
(2) Controls and keys shall be operable with one hand and shall not
require pinching, twisting of the wrist, tight grasping OR SIMULTANEOUS
ACTIONS. The force required to activate controls and keys shall be 5 lbs.
(22.2 N) maximum.
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachement is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>
- Next message in Thread: Robert_Nerhood@Dell.com: "Re: Adding simultaneous TO 1194.23 (K)(2)"
- Previous message in Thread: None