Thread Subject: Re: Group D: Table headers and Web vs. Software
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andrew Kirkpatrick
Date: Mon, Oct 23 2006 11:45 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Jim Thatcher: "Group D: Table headers and Web vs. Software"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
> Information and relationships conveyed through presentation
> can be programmatically determined, and notification of
> changes to these is available to user agents, including
> assistive technologies.
> This favorite of WCAG 2.0 does not, in my opinion, apply to
> software. This key web provision is central to my reasoning
> that web and software standards should not be combined.
Why doesn't this apply to software? This is absolutely required for
software and web, although my saying so doesn't necessarily mean that 21
and 22 should be combined, just that there is a strong parallel between
them on this point.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Jim Thatcher: "Group D: Table headers and Web vs. Software"