Thread Subject: Comparable Access
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Baker, Robert C.
Date: Wed, Jun 06 2007 2:05 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Peter Wallack: "Re: Comparable Access"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Additional Recommended changes for Comparable Access Wording
Comparable access means that individuals with disabilities have access
to and use of information and data that is timely, accurate, complete
and efficient when compared to that available to individuals without
- Timely access ensures that individuals with disabilities have
information and data available to them at the same time as individuals
- Accurate access ensures that the information and data reflects the
intended meaning especially when converted into another form or media.
- Complete access ensures that no information or data is missing when
accessed by assistive technology or converted into another form or media
- Efficient access ensures that an individual with a disability exerts
the same amount of effort in using electronic and information technology
to perform a task as compared to an individual without a disability.
Clarifications added for complete and efficient access
- Next message in Thread: Peter Wallack: "Re: Comparable Access"
- Previous message in Thread: None