Thread Subject: Re: 1194.25 B) timed Response
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Wed, Jun 06 2007 2:30 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Debbie Cook: "1194.25 B) timed Response"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Suggest that we adopt the provision used by SoftWeb group for Web Content.
K. Timing (Web): For each time limit that is set by the content, at least
one of the following is true:
1. Deactivate: the user shall be allowed to deactivate the time limit;
2. Adjust: the user shall be allowed to adjust the time limit over a
wide range that is at least ten times the length of the default setting; or
3. Extend: the user shall be warned before time expires and given at
least 20 seconds to extend the time limit with a simple action (for example,
"hit any key"), and the user is allowed to extend the time limit at least
ten times; or
4. Real-time Exception: the time limit is an important part of a
real-time event (for example, an auction), and no alternative to the time
limit is possible; or
5. Essential Exception: the time limit is part of an activity where
timing is essential (for example, competitive gaming or time-based testing)
and time limits can not be extended further without invalidating the
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of
> Debbie Cook
> Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 2:24 PM
> To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> Subject: [teitac-closed] 1194.25 B) timed Response
> This item has been referred to Software. Requested to offer
> guidance on what is sufficient time if the product is closed?
> Current language:
> When a timed response is required, the user shall be alerted
> and given sufficient time to indicate more time is required.
> Debbie Cook
> WA Assistive Technology Program
> Box 357920
> Seattle, WA 98195-7920
> Phone: 206-685-4181
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Debbie Cook: "1194.25 B) timed Response"