Thread Subject: 1194.25 (f) Voice Output in Public Area
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Debbie Cook
Date: Wed, Jun 06 2007 3:35 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: 1194.25 (f) Voice Output in Public Area"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
When products deliver voice output in a public area, incremental volume
control shall be provided with output amplification up to a level of at
least 65 dB. Where the ambient noise level of the environment is above 45
dB, a volume gain of at least 20 dB above the ambient level shall be user
A function shall be provided to automatically reset the volume to the
default level after every use.
The only issue raised is that it is generally difficult to determine ambient
noise level in a public place especially where that noise level may change.
Can we just prescribe the 65DB and that it is otherwise user selectable
without trying to deal with variations in ambient noise?
WA Assistive Technology Program
Seattle, WA 98195-7920
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: 1194.25 (f) Voice Output in Public Area"
- Previous message in Thread: None