Thread Subject: Re: Suggested update to 6.1.I so wecanremove6.1.B and 6.1.C (forms & scripting)
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Luke Kowalski
Date: Wed, Jun 06 2007 4:10 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Peter Korn: "Re: Suggested update to 6.1.I so we can remove 6.1.B and 6.1.C (forms & scripting)"
- Previous message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: Suggested update to 6.1.I so we can remove6.1.B and 6.1.C (forms & scripting)"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Internet/Intranet no longer means just HTML to developers of web sites
and web applications. User interfaces are getting deployed and are
served up in various other ways now, using different, or hybrid mark up.
PDF, DHTML UIs, SWF......or things that surface in the browser on the
Luke Kowalski| Corporate UI Architect
Oracle Corporate Architecture Group
Redwood Shores, CA | 650.506.1227
Blog <http://blogs.oracle.com/lukekowalski/>, Oracle UI Site
Tom Brett wrote:
> The current standard falls under Internet/Intranet. Developers look at that
> and see html. Likewise for 1194.21 (l) which falls under software.
> Tom Brett
> -----Original Message-----
> From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Andrew
> Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:51 PM
> To: TEITAC Web/Software Subcommittee
> Subject: Re: [teitac-websoftware] Suggested update to 6.1.I so
> wecanremove6.1.B and 6.1.C (forms & scripting)
>> In the current standard? Sure they are! You can debate
>> whether PDF forms are a 1194.21 or 1194.22 item, but
>> currently 21(d) would cover PDF form controls:
>> This applies to the software and to HTML, but isn't
>> explicitly applicable to other content formats. This is
>> exactly why people are just applying as they can without
>> direct standard to rely upon.
> Allen, I don't see where in the current standard there is the explicit
> indication that HTML is a target for the standards.
- Next message in Thread: Peter Korn: "Re: Suggested update to 6.1.I so we can remove 6.1.B and 6.1.C (forms & scripting)"
- Previous message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: Suggested update to 6.1.I so we can remove6.1.B and 6.1.C (forms & scripting)"