Thread Subject: Re: Bypassing content.
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Langum, Michael J
Date: Tue, Jun 12 2007 6:25 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Bypassing content."
- Previous message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Bypassing content."
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
>"An invisible skip link wouldn't satisfy the Functional perfomance
criteria,. . ."
Have I missed something?
I thought the "function" of the "skip link" was to allow users of AT to
skip past banners, and standard navigation elements so that they could
quickly and easily get to the main content of a page. Since sighted
users can achieve the same "function" by simply examining the page and
choosing to begin reading at whatever point they wish (and hence don't
rely on the "skip link"), I don't see how an "invisible skip link
wouldn't satisfy the Functional performance criteria."
-- Mike Langum
Asst. Webmaster, WWW.OPM.GOV
U.S. Office of Personnel Management