Thread Subject: Telecom Provisions to Move / Transfer
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jessica M. Brodey
Date: Mon, Jun 18 2007 10:00 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Diane Golden: "Re: Telecom Provisions to Move / Transfer"
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Telecom Provisions to Move / Transfer"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I think Gregg raises an interesting issue (although I may be taking away
something he was not implying). The placement of many of the telecomm
provisions right now in our restructured document is in the Hardware
section. There are some potential impacts of these provisions when they are
placed in the General Hardware section. There may be other provisions that
deal with general hardware issues that are only currently covered under the
guise of telecomm. Moreover, there are implications of the general hardware
provisions on the telecomm provisions.
I think Randy's point is well-taken that a shifting of responsibility would
be overwhelming. Nevertheless, I feel that many of the groups are treating
these provisions as separate silos, and we are not considering the possible
impacts and consequences of how the sections fit together. We need to
devise an approach to reviewing these sections in context without
overburdening any of the subcommittees.
Perhaps it makes sense for the telecomm subcommittee to look at the broader
section where the provisions are being placed, and discuss the impacts of
the placement. At the same time, perhaps the hardware group needs to step
back and analyze how the telecomm provisions interact with hardware and if
that raises any flags, or signals some missing sections.
- Next message in Thread: Diane Golden: "Re: Telecom Provisions to Move / Transfer"
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Telecom Provisions to Move / Transfer"