Thread Subject: Re: Accessibility Definition
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Debbie Cook
Date: Mon, Jun 18 2007 1:48 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Diane Golden: "Re: Accessibility Definition"
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Accessibility Definition"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I believe this could be a definition for something like "compliance with
section 508" but it in no way defines accessibility. I don't believe
anything is gained by trying to further define this.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Golden" < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
To: "TEITAC SubPart A listserv (E-mail)" < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:04 PM
Subject: [teitac-subparta] Accessibility Definition
The following is the current draft of the proposed new definition of
"accessibility" with a note about some dissention. Any further
comments/discussion on this term need to be shared by Friday (June 15) via
listserv and will be synthesized into the draft due June 30.
ACCESSIBILITY -- (proposed new definition)
ACCESSIBILITY MEANS CONFORMANCE TO ALL APPLICABLE PROVISIONS OF THIS
STANDARD OR EQUIVALENT FACILITATION PROVIDED THROUGH OTHER METHODS. THE
TERM, ACCESSIBILITY, MAY ALSO BE USED TO DEFINE A BROAD SET OF FEATURES AND
CAPABILITIES WHICH ENABLE PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES TO ACCESS ELECTRONIC
Some subcommittee members questioned the need for this new definition
dependent on whether or not the term is used in subsequent standards or not.
- Next message in Thread: Diane Golden: "Re: Accessibility Definition"
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Accessibility Definition"