Thread Subject: Proposed Standard Connections Language
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
Date: Mon, Jun 18 2007 1:50 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Proposed Standard Connections Language"
- Previous message in thread: Tom Brett: "Re: Proposed Standard Connections Language"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
In today's Hardware subcommittee call, we discussed proposed language
for Standard Connections. This language was drafted to address the
current standard ports language.
Where input or output connection capabilities are provided, whether
wired or wireless, at least one connection shall comply with publicly
available industry standards and all of the user interface functionality
available on the non-standard connection(s) would be available on the
One element of discussion to which there was some difference in the
committee had to do with the inclusion of "or provide an adapter".
Rob Nerhood | Experience Design Group | Ergonomics Engineer
Dell, Inc. | One Dell Way | Round Rock, Texas 78682 - 7000
This communication and all attachments are confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please
do not read or disclose any content to others, (ii) please notify the
sender by reply mail immediately, and (iii) please permanently delete
this communication from your system. Failure to follow this process may
be unlawful and subject to prosecution. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Next message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Proposed Standard Connections Language"
- Previous message in Thread: Tom Brett: "Re: Proposed Standard Connections Language"