Thread Subject: Re: "Content" in our subcommittee
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Peter Korn
Date: Thu, Oct 26 2006 11:25 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Brett, Thomas F: "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"
- Previous message in thread: Jim Tobias: ""Content" in our subcommittee"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
My understanding/recollection was that we would first go through the
existing language, and then with the output of that work in hand, tackle
new issues like document content.
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> The Group B wiki page does a great job of pulling out the provisions in 21
> and 22 that address content (rather than navigation or operation). But I'm
> not sure if it hits the issue presented to us by the Access Board. If I
> remember correctly, they had gotten a lot of questions about whether
> documents attached to email, like a Word file with an image, was covered by
> 508 and if so, did they require some other sort of technical solution.
> 1. Am I right in stating your concern, Access Board folks?
> 2. Is Group B on the right track for that concern?
> Jim Tobias
> Inclusive Technologies
> = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> +1 732.441.0831 voice/tty
> skype jimtobias
> +1 908.907.2387 mobile
- Next message in Thread: Brett, Thomas F: "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"
- Previous message in Thread: Jim Tobias: ""Content" in our subcommittee"