Thread Subject: Captioning not accessible to screen reader users
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Debbie Cook
Date: Fri, Oct 27 2006 1:10 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: Captioning not accessible to screen reader users"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I know we can't resolve this easily, and it's an interesting discussion
related to whether AT needs to comply and to what extent, but for the
record, the captioning tool refreshes are not picked up by JAWS. Even doing
a page refresh in IE doesn't cut it. I litterally have to leave and return
to the page or activate a feature to get a refresh. Discovered this when I
couldn't connect to the Documentation call and decided to use the captioning
as an alternative. Tom confirms that in their tests it doesn't work with
JAWS, and that nobody cared much since the captioning is AT. So, we should
just be aware of it here in case others try to use it in this way.
- Next message in Thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: Captioning not accessible to screen reader users"
- Previous message in Thread: None