Thread Subject: Volume control - TIA recommendation for 1194.23(g)
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Brooner Mary-AMB004
Date: Sat, Jun 23 2007 7:15 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Volume control - TIA recommendation for 1194.23(g)"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Apologies to the list-serv. The previous suggestion for (f) is for the
voice signal measurement. This one is for volume control. As explained
to me by TIA subject matter gurus, the FCC has narrowly prescribed what
manufacturers can do in this situation - either have an auto reset per
the regulation or meet the conditions in the referenced waiver. Thus
the language recommended by TIA is:
1194,23(g) If the telecommunications product allows a user to adjust the
receive volume, a function shall be provided to automatically reset the
volume to a safe level after every use if the volume is capable of
greater than 18 dB of gain A manual override switch may be provided to
prevent the automatic reset subject to the conditions specified in FCC
Memorandum Opinion and Order DA 01-578.
- Next message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Volume control - TIA recommendation for 1194.23(g)"
- Previous message in Thread: None