Thread Subject: Biometric fix needed
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Sun, Jun 24 2007 9:10 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Whitney Quesenbery: "Re: Biometric fix needed"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
In the Hardware group - the issue of biometrics came up.
We were reminded that Biometric means "determining a biological TRAIT of
a person". So touch screens and touch controls are not bio-metric. They
are bio-physical sensors or switches or controls or something.
So we should take "or control" and "or activation" out of our BIOMETRIC
So that would mean we would delete the words in square brackets.
When biometric forms of user identification [or control] are used, an
alternative form of identification [or activation] shall also be provided
unless all people can use the biometric device.
Does anyone see a problem with this?
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at <http://tinyurl.com/dho6b> http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachement is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>
- Next message in Thread: Whitney Quesenbery: "Re: Biometric fix needed"
- Previous message in Thread: None