Thread Subject: tables in wiki?
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Sat, Oct 28 2006 6:45 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jared Smith: "Re: tables in wiki?"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
[note complete lack of capital letters in the word 'wiki' -- people from the
TRACE Center shouls know better! ;-)]
In reviewing a lot of the content of the subcommittees, I'm noticing a
possible need for displaying information in tables, as in "comparing 508 to
255", or "collating 508 with ISO", or "indicating for each provision,
whether it goes far enough in clearly stating a user need".
I see from the wiki documentation that tables are possible:
1. How screen-reader-friendly are the resulting tables?
2. WikiCode is not very easy for new users to learn. Is there a way to
modify the editing toolbar so text can be single-click-converted to a table?
3. Do we want to encourage wiki tables, or use external documents like
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: Jared Smith: "Re: tables in wiki?"
- Previous message in Thread: None