Thread Subject: Provide highly visible keyboard focus and text cursors
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Wed, Jun 27 2007 12:30 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Provide highly visible keyboard focus and text cursors"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
9.2.2 Provide highly visible keyboard focus and text cursors
Software shall provide at least one mode where keyboard focus cursors and
text cursors shall be visually locatable by people with unimpaired vision at
2.5 meters when software is displayed on a 38 cm (15 inch) diagonal screen
at 1024 x 768 pixels resolution, without moving the cursor.
EXAMPLE 1: The software provides an option of having a thick rectangle of
contrasting color that moves to and outlines the control or field that has
EXAMPLE 2: The software provides an option of having bright, yellow
triangles extend from the top and bottom of the text cursor.
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachement is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>
- Next message in Thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Provide highly visible keyboard focus and text cursors"
- Previous message in Thread: None