Thread Subject: Items for Continued Discussion
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Debbie Cook
Date: Thu, Jul 05 2007 1:30 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
We have been reviewing the Functional Performance Criteria as currently
proposed to determine and resolve any implications for Closed products. We
have made proposals with respect to vision and hearing.
We should discuss implications related to the following:
* Use without speech
* Use with limited reach, strength or manipulation
* Use with Cognitive, Language or Learning Limitations
* Use with no reach or touch.
I believe most of these can stand alone without specific standards for use
without AT. However, as has been discussed in both the Hardware and General
groups, there is concern regarding access to Closed product functions and
use with no reach or touch. This concern relates to the understanding that
by definition Closed product functions do not support use of some or all AT,
and technology for the immediate future best supports these users through
AT. We do not want to exclude any user groups from access to particular
product categories. We cannot require compatibility with AT if the product
is closed in some way. Further discussion is needed to resolve tihs
specifically for Closed products.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None