Thread Subject: Re: Updated Products from Workgroup
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Hoffman, Allen
Date: Tue, Jul 10 2007 1:15 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Updated Products from Workgroup"
- Previous message in thread: Deborah Buck: "Updated Products from Workgroup"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
An item I have forgotten to bring up during our exciting discussions of
subpart A is that it would be nice to include a statement to
specifically note that there is *NOT* an exception for fitness of duty
personnel. many many times 508 coordinators are faced with the concept
that "we are buying this for law enforcement or military personnel", and
so nobody with a disability will use it.
I think an additional sentence in the national security exception
National Security nor any other exception can be based upon the physical
or mental abilities of the end-users job prerequisites, or "fitness for
If we can hash this out during the week, I'd like to raise this next
week during discussion.
My fault for not raising this earlier, sorry.
Department of Homeland Security, office on Accessible Systems &
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Updated Products from Workgroup"
- Previous message in Thread: Deborah Buck: "Updated Products from Workgroup"