Thread Subject: Re: Ball Grid Array/Surface Mounted Device ReworkSystems
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Mon, Jul 23 2007 12:20 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Peter Korn: "Re: Ball Grid Array/Surface Mounted Device ReworkSystems"
- Previous message in thread: Baquis David : "Ball Grid Array/Surface Mounted Device Rework Systems"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
i would say this is not e&it. it's a soldering workstation.
i think it'd be great to have a central federal resource that could provide
From: Baquis David [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 1:09 PM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [teitac-general] Ball Grid Array/Surface Mounted Device
The Access Board gets a lot of questions like this - regarding products I
never heard of before. I don't know if 508 requirements are kicked in. I
would like the TEITAC to please discuss whether it can provide guidance to
agencies who are faced with many such decisions regarding whether a product
is covered by 508. It is a yes or no question.
My question is whether the software mentioned in the product description
performs an IT function within a product that is not IT because its
principle function is not that of IT. (Similar to the embedded IT in the
definition of E&IT.) I used to say that all software was covered by 508, but
now I am hesitant to continue saying that. I would like the refreshed
standards to clarify how to better determine if something is covered by 508.
Specifically, how does one determine what the principle function is of
something that is not ordinary (at least not to us), and particularly
whether that function is an IT function?
U.S. Access Board
1331 F Street, NW, #1000
Washington, DC 20004
800-USA-ABLE; (202) 272-0013 (desk tel); 240-855-1682 (cell)
<mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = "Leading the
way to excellence in accessibility"
- Next message in Thread: Peter Korn: "Re: Ball Grid Array/Surface Mounted Device ReworkSystems"
- Previous message in Thread: Baquis David : "Ball Grid Array/Surface Mounted Device Rework Systems"