Thread Subject: Re: Follow up to TC SC meeting today, July 30. Need your input!
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Michaelis, Paul R. (Paul)
Date: Mon, Jul 30 2007 9:15 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Follow up to TC SC meeting today, July 30. Need your input!"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I have a question about the following proposed requirement:
Firewalls, routers, gateways and other products that pass real-time
voice communication must also pass real-time text communication signals
(including mixed voice and real-time text) that are standard for that
technology platform without distortion or error beyond 1%.
If this regulation were adopted, would products such as a simple
voice-only office intercom system or basic voice-only walkie-talkie be
regarded as non-compliant? Or would they be exempt because there is no
text communication standard for those platforms? Thanks,
-- Paul Michaelis
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Follow up to TC SC meeting today, July 30. Need your input!"