Thread Subject: Re: text transcripts for video-descriptions
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Tom Brett
Date: Fri, Aug 03 2007 9:20 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Debbie Cook: "Re: text transcripts for video-descriptions"
- Previous message in thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: text transcripts for video-descriptions"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
The user would still need to go to 2 different places to find the
information. Without seeing it (hearing it) in the media I will need to
stop, look at the transcript, rewind and then go to the next section.
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
[mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Jim Tobias
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 11:12 AM
To: 'TEITAC Audio/Video Subcommittee'
Subject: Re: [teitac-video] text transcripts for video-descriptions
> Even though I am not blind I have experienced a similar
> problem when participating in the Subcommittee meetings....
> In order for me to fully participate I must follow the
> captions so whenever the moderator says go look at the WIKI
> for this or that I am lost I can't be two places at once.
I think for a live event or event that is otherwise time-driven outside of
the user's control, all bets are off.
But what about a video that a person is viewing under their own control?
What I'm trying to get at is: if there were a single document that included
both the complete script PLUS all the text that would go into an audio
description, would that be an acceptable solution? In fact it would look
like the script of a play, with stage directions like "Arnold goes over to
the cabinet and takes out the glass globe".
- Next message in Thread: Debbie Cook: "Re: text transcripts for video-descriptions"
- Previous message in Thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: text transcripts for video-descriptions"