Thread Subject: Re: teitac-video 4-A Caption Playback
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Hoffman, Allen
Date: Tue, Aug 07 2007 8:15 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Schomburg, Paul: "Re: teitac-video 4-A Caption Playback"
- Previous message in thread: Jasionowski, Tony: "teitac-video 4-A Caption Playback"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
"Allen: A portable DVD player with an integrated screen that is not a
television receiver has no obligation to include an integrated caption
we should change "videotape" to "recordable media" in the first two
categories in order to address DVD and other media that includes caption
so my question is, how do we plug this gap.
I don't think changing "video-tape" to recordable media plugs the gap.
Basically this category of product has the DVD (media) reader and
monitor together, integrated.
Shouldn't such a device be required to present captioning if present in
the media it plays?
Allen Hoffman -- = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ; v: 202-447-0303
- Next message in Thread: Schomburg, Paul: "Re: teitac-video 4-A Caption Playback"
- Previous message in Thread: Jasionowski, Tony: "teitac-video 4-A Caption Playback"