Thread Subject: Re: WCAG 1.3.3 language addition - my action itemfrom a few weeks ago
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Peter Korn
Date: Wed, Aug 08 2007 11:25 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: WCAG 1.3.3 language addition - my actionitemfrom a few weeks ago"
- Previous message in thread: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: WCAG 1.3.3 language addition - my action itemfrom a few weeks ago"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
The first sentence comes directly from WCAG 2.0, and so our friends from
WAI are perhaps in the best position to answer this.
Personally, I think we should strongly discourage folks from needing to
use this provision. The cases in which instructions (or worse, the
content itself) needs to rely on shape, size, location, orientation,
etc. should be *vanishingly* small.
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>> "Instructions provided for understanding and operating content do not rely
>> on shape, size, visual location, or orientation of components.
>> Additional information for use by assistive technologies - such as
>> alternate text to describe necessary visual cues for understanding and
>> operating the content, or programmatic encoding of relationships between
>> objects that is necessary for understanding and operating the content, is
> Does this mean : Instructions themselves do not rely on shape, location,
> etc. of components
> Or, does it mean:
> The insttructions do not reference the shape, location, etc. of components?
> Sailesh Panchang
> Senior Accessibility Engineer
> Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
> 11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
> Reston VA 20191
> Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
> E-mail: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: WCAG 1.3.3 language addition - my actionitemfrom a few weeks ago"
- Previous message in Thread: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: WCAG 1.3.3 language addition - my action itemfrom a few weeks ago"